Friday, December 11, 2009

Ooh...what's this?



All right, somehow I'm going to work around these annoying technical problems. Thanks for your supportive comments!

I've managed to squeeze in a bit of sewing this week, so more on that as soon as I can take some photos.

In the meantime, here's Lucy on her first day playing in snow on Wednesday. She was born in the winter, but was worn or carried through those first snowy months. Now, she's big enough to crawl in it, taste it, tip her head up to catch the snowflakes on her face, stomp in it...really experience it. What fun to share it with her!

In preparing for the winter, I wanted to get her some soft-soled infant snow boots. How hard could it be? Turns out, it's much harder than I expected. Most of the reviews I read said "keeps baby toasty warm in the stroller!" or "in the car seat." But I want "keeps baby toasty warm and dry while she drags her feet through snow that's deeper than her legs are long," "stays on while crawling," and "won't trip her or hinder her as she learns to walk." Thankfully, I finally found just what I was looking for. And they work! After an hour in 20-something-degree weather today, her feet and legs were still warm. And she was able to stand and dance and maneuver around to her heart's content. Thank goodness for good gear. (And for so many hand-me-downs that when there's something I really want, I can splurge on it.)

[And no, I'm not connected to this company, just thrilled with their product and hoping other mamas who want their babies to fully experience snow might find a review helpful.]

2 comments:

P. J. Grath said...

That Lucy is too cute for words, and her outfit is adorable, too!

Annie said...

My Leify still loves his stonz too! First snow fall for babies can be really fun!