Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A discount for you from Stonz Wear

If you read this blog regularly, you know it's not commercially motivated. On occasion, I've mentioned a product I love, because I feel like I've discovered something great and I want to share it with you. Such was the case with the Stonz boots I wrote about a while back. I've been teaching preschoolers for 16 years now, and I've come across a lot of winter gear in that time--some good, and some not so good. (As I've often quoted to the families in my program, "there's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing.") I know first-hand that it can be a real struggle getting outside in the winter happily with babies. I knew Lucy would be out every day come snow or wind or slush, so I was thrilled to find something that worked so well.

When I wrote about the booties, I also wrote to the company to say thank you. And guess what? They offered you a deal if I wrote about them again. I gave it some thought, because it's annoying to me when my favorite bloggers get all commercial and are constantly endorsing products. I don't want to do that! But I've been recommending these boots to everyone I know anyway, so I figured it made sense to take them up on their offer. Stonz Wear is offering a 10% discount to you for the next week. Just let them know you read about it here when you order.

Besides the fact that they make toasty warm boots that will stay on without letting the snow in, here are some things I loved about Stonz Wear:

They are made in Canada. (About as local as I could find, and I figure it means they know snow!)

They don't use plastic packaging. (I try to avoid buying plastic whenever I can. Nylon boots seem like a necessary evil. But stuffing them into a plastic bag is not necessary. Glad to find a company that understands that.)

They offer free shipping for orders over $50. (Gulp. Yes, they're expensive. But so worth it. I buy clothes exclusively at thrift stores and tag sales, but when it comes to shoes, I've decided it's worth shelling out the money for something that is good for your feet. Especially for a baby just learning to walk!)

Oh, and here's one other thing I love that I didn't mention before. As I've written before, it's cold in our house, and we wear slippers for warmth. Lucy wears her Robeez as slippers. The Stonz boots--even with the sherpa fleece lining--fit right over them. Thank goodness! It's hard enough dressing a baby in winter gear. This eliminates one step and makes it that much easier. (Plus, it's one more layer of warmth.) On a warmer rainy day, though, I could put the boots on bare feet and not feel like she's overdressed. So it's like I got snow boots and rain boots in one.



Enough. Go get a deal if you were so inclined anyway. If not, don't worry--I won't do this too often!

1 comment:

renee @ FIMBY said...

Your daughter is simply adorable. You know, we buy as much as we can used and take advantage of hand me downs but sometimes good gear just costs money. Both good footwear and warm & dry winter wear. Those are hard to find used.