Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday's Flowers: simplicity


One hydrangea bloom, all alone in a creamer.
Simple...perfect for summer.
...
That's my "new" strawberry tablecloth, there, too. I had a recent lucky day in the linens aisle of the thrift store. I was looking for sheets, and found 2 lovely, crisp, white, heavy cotton, vintage sheets, old but looking unused. A wash and a day on the line and now they're spotless and fresh and perfect! I also found a great floral vintage sheet and pillowcases set--the pillowcases, with a new white sheet, have made my bed all summery this week. But the best find of all was this tablecloth. Hung inside-out on a hanger in the sheets section, marked as a "full" sheet, it still couldn't hide from my vintage-tablecloth sixth sense! (And this particular store has started pricing vintage tablecloths at $15, but sheets are only $5. Score!)

3 comments:

marcia said...

beautiful Hydrangea. LOVE the yellow pitcher and strawberry tablecoth!

cool S and p shakers too!
I love vintage things

happy day!

Heather said...

Fun tablecloth. I love to find old linens at thrift stores - especially hankies.

P. J. Grath said...

Just perfect. Congratulations!