Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A few last gifts

Ok, I finally gave our last Christmas gifts tonight (yeah, a bit late). So now I can feel free to show them.

More "discards" inspired by Denyse Schmidts's Quilts:



This set of them included a lot of vintage fabrics, and I found that I really liked the contrast of the modern style with those sweet vintage patterns.

One last 10-minute headband:



And, best of all, the pencil pouch that worked! (Bless you, Noodlehead.)





This last was a gift for a four-year-old. I used his own handwriting as the pattern for the embroidery, and included a pencil and a pen and a sketch book (of course, his mom is the one who really loves it, with that precious handwriting).

edited to add: I can't take credit for the pencil-pouch idea; that was from my brilliant friend Julie, who gave embroidered pencil pouches to her friends' children, using her daughter's handwriting and drawing. Shamelessly stolen!

5 comments:

Heather said...

These are so wonderful. That is a whole lot of homemade goodness :)

Anna said...

that turned out soooo super cute, what an awesome idea. I can't wait until my oldest daughter starts writing!!

marta said...

oh i love this idea. what a darling unique gift.

Julie said...

Jasper's pencil bag turned out great! Just love the elephant fabric peeking out from the inside:)

Julie said...

Edited to add: I would love to say I had this brilliant idea but I shamelessly stole it from my friend Luisa!