Thursday, January 21, 2010

Crochet in my future



On a gorgeous Saturday morning, Lucy and I walked to a nearby school to register for a class. Here's my homework: get a ball of yarn and a crochet hook. Ok, I did that part. In less than a week, I'll find out if my generally-pretty-clueless hands can figure out what to do with them. Wish me luck! I really want to be able to create something out of yarn (you know, beyond pom-poms), but so far, my hands haven't cooperated. I'm nervous, but thrilled, too, at the opportunity.

5 comments:

Luisa said...

Hang in there you haven't even started :)

The Mom said...

YOu are so very talented at sewing, this should be a piece of cake!

Lise said...

Oh, thank you for the encouragement! Can you tell I'm kind of terrified?

Andi said...

Your hands have mad skills. Don't panic. You'll be great.

Meryl said...

I see lots of chains in your future!

To explain: I don't know if they still do this or not, but when my Grandma learned to crochet (and hence when she taught me) you had to have a perfectly even chain stitch (the base stitch) before you could move on to anything else. More "modern" crochet teachers always laugh at me when I tell them this, but--even though I hardly ever crochet anymore--to this day my chain stitches are crazy-even!