Friday, June 19, 2009

Inspiring Reading

It was my birthday in May, and my mother sent me money to buy some of the many sewing books that fill my wish list lately. I had such fun choosing which books to buy! These are already here:


Shop Indie Bookstores

You've already seen my first two projects from this book here and here. So far, I've found the directions to be clear and I'm thrilled with both projects. I know I'll do more.


Shop Indie Bookstores

I had this one out of the library for a while, and was really inspired by the idea of being able to make actual blouses and slacks (seems daunting to me right now, but I think I'm getting there...). I love how it takes basic shapes and teaches you to customize them in so many ways, you'd never realize it started as the same pattern. I've followed patterns before, but never known how to adjust them to my body. I'm hoping this book will teach me. It had better, because the patterns only go up to size 12, and I need a 14. I'm nervous about that, but am trying to trust that if I keep up my baby steps like the little Lucy clothes I've been making, eventually, I'll be able to do it.


Shop Indie Bookstores

This one's just for fun. I've collected vintage tablecloths for ages, wear vintage aprons while I cook, dry my dishes with vintage dish cloths... you get the idea. So, some fun reading.

And as soon as it comes out, I'll be getting a copy of

Shop Indie Bookstores

I can't wait. I love Soulemama's blog so much that even if I've already read every word online, I'll be thrilled to have it in book form. (Though I'm sure she'll have saved some treats just for the book...)

No comments: