Sunday, December 19, 2010

Making, making, making...

I'm in the throws of last-minute gift-making here; been working like mad all weekend. Here's what I made in the wee hours of the morning. I thought my childhood doll bed would be a perfect gift for Lucy this year; she's a devoted mama, taking care of babies all day every day. But it was in need of some new bedding. Its adorable cat-patterned flannel was ruined. So I made a new mattress and pillow:

And a new quilt (which matches the larger quilt I was making for her birth...uh, 1st birthday...uh, maybe 3rd birthday??):

Here it is all together, ready for "baby":

Back to making! I have a long way to go...

8 comments:

gardenmama said...

Absolutely Gorgeous and so very sweet!
Lots of makingmakingmaking here too! : ) Enjoy!

Julie said...

Lucy's new doll bed looks gorgeous! You're such a great Mama!!!!

Deb said...

I love this, Lise. And I like the direction you're going with the wanky log cabin blocks.

Jules said...

My jaw fell at the beauty of this, Lise. Lucy is a lucky little girl. The little girl still inside me wants one too!! I look forward to seeing more of your lovely work and want also to thank you for your kind commentsw on my blog the other day.

Luisa said...

It looks beautiful! Love that it will match Lucy's quilt. I'm putting this idea on next year's Christmas gift list to make doll bedding. Only problem is Ihave 4 sets I have to make lol. Maybe I should start in January.

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS! You are so clever!

Maryam said...

Aw, that is so lovely! It makes me want to take care of doll babies too... of course I have some real life ones already. :)

Wasabi Honey Bee said...

Love the quilt!!!