Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Yarn Along 2


Well, this could get boring quickly at the rate I am reading and crocheting these days--the photo would be the same each week! So, here's a bit of a cheat--I actually finished crocheting this hat last week, and it just needs a bit of sewing (the button band and button) before it's complete. This will be a Christmas gift (the first I've made this year), so I guess I stuck to my resolution a little bit--it's not December yet, anyway! I'm still reading Little Bee, and enjoying it quite a bit, though there are some truly gruesome scenes I'd rather not have in my mind.

The hat's brim is a little wonky--probably because I used a soft cotton (due to a sensitive recipient who wouldn't put up with the wool I'd prefer). But the pattern was great, and I look forward to making another.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love the hat, and can't see the wonky at all! The color is really pretty, what yarn did you use?

Ginny said...

the hat looks great!

Luisa said...

The hat is really pretty. Such a nice color. I have been making up my own designs lately

Sweetness and Light said...

It's adorable, I love it in crochet, so pretty!