Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yarn Along 15


Still reading the same book and working on the same arm warmers. (We've had visits from 4 grandparents, 1 aunt, and 2 cousins in the past week, so there's been little time!)

Only after I bought the yarn did I read the part in the pattern where it said self-striping yarn would pool strangely on these, and I guess it is. But I'm so happy with how they're coming out! I'd procrastinated getting started because the pattern is for an extra-small woman, which I am definitely not. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to adjust it properly. But I've been trying it on as I go, and it's fitting beautifully, with only slight adjustments (a hook one size larger; one extra row to make more room for my thumb). This is only the second thing I've made for myself, and I'm really looking forward to wearing them.

Want more crochet, knitting, or reading inspiration? Check out all the yarn along posts linked at Ginny's blog today.

7 comments:

MJ said...

Blue and brown are among my favorite color combinations, and they look super warm and comfy!

Luisa said...

I like the colors. They can be so fun because you never know how they will turn out. It's fun to make things for our little ones but sometimes we need a home treat ourselves :)

house full of jays said...

I also love the colour of your arm warmers - and I like the way the stripes are working out!

Sarah said...

Very nice!!

Elizabeth said...

Your arm warmers are looking fabulous. Love the colors and the way the striping is turning out. So glad you are making something for yourself.

Blessings, Elizabeth

Molly said...

i'm still working on the same two books i was reading (aloud) the first time i joined the yarn along :)

Burgin Streetman said...

i wish I had more time to do stuff like that, or better yet, I wish I used the time I have wisely enough to do something like that. i am such a slacker at heart.