Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Yarn Along 5


I'm trying a different style scarf so I can continue on with this yarn. We'll see.

I'm reading Another Place at the Table. I'd read its sequel, One Small Boat, which I loved (though "loved" sounds like an odd way to describe something so devastating). So I was thrilled when this one finally came up through paperbackswap. It's just as compelling as the last, though possibly even more upsetting. (We're planning to adopt through fostering at some point in the near future, and I tend to prepare for things by reading, reading, reading.)

(I'm playing along with Ginny at Small Things, where you can find other "Yarn Along" contributions.)

9 comments:

Molly Melnick said...

I love that scarf. I have some cool pink yarn that I am going to start using soon.
Lisa

Kathryn said...

Very pretty pink yarn, and the pattern on the scarf is beautiful!

Jarka said...

nice one :) :D everybody seems to be knitting something pink - maybe I should knit something for my sis - she's a huge fan of pink color :)

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Your scarf looks very pretty and soft :) I just love the pattern and pink is always such a fun color!

Ginny said...

Larkspur would love that pink!

Elizabeth said...

The scarf looks lovely.

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

I, too, love that pattern! It looks so soft.

Sweetness and Light said...

Gorgeous yarn!!

Elisa said...

The "necklet" looks great!! I think I will have to make myself one. My neck is always cold, but I don't like the bulkiness of a thick scarf around the rest of my body. This little thing seems to solve that problem!! Make sure you show us the finished one next week!! Can't wait to see it.