Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sea urchin newsboy cap


I finished it. And there was (just barely) enough yarn. I cut a few corners to finish it off, but it's plenty big enough.

If I'd known I was cutting it so close, I'd have made the brim a bit smaller--I'm not thrilled with how big it is.

But otherwise, I love this pattern. The hat is soft and cozy and super warm. (And the large brim will be just right for keeping rain off glasses.) Rosina commented on my last yarn-along post that it looked like a sea urchin. Exactly! I hadn't thought of it, but it's the perfect description.

One more gift down. Many more to go!

6 comments:

gardenmama said...

The color is perfect and I love the name! You are very talented, it looks super cute & cozy!

Heather said...

Wow, I love this! I am working on a similar styled hat, and it is a ton of fun. The colors you chose are just perfect.

Francesca said...

Very interesting pattern, I think I'll just have to try it to see how it's made! Thank you for the link!

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

It turned out great! I really do love the pattern of the top of it to :) I'm crazy about sea urchins and actually work for fisheries offloading and weighing them every winter so I just may have to make an urchin hat for myself *grin*.

Luisa said...

I love how it turned out. I may have to give it a try sometime.

Meryl said...

Love how warm and chunky this looks! Well done!