Friday, November 25, 2011

Craft Friday


Once upon a time, we hosted regular craft parties, getting together with friends to make gifts. In recent years we've had a hard time finding time to do it, but keep saying we want to. Deb, of Bee's Nest, had a great idea: "craft Friday" (rather than Black Friday). I love the idea of getting a head start while it's still November, and of bucking the system by crafting rather than buying on that day. I read about it too late to plan and invite friends, but it's on the agenda for next year, for sure. In the meantime, Lucy and I held our own private craft Friday today.

We spent the morning in the studio (in our pajamas and bed-head, an advantage of no guests). She painted, drew with watercolor pencils, mixed paint colors, and drew on the overhead projector while I transformed some of her past year's art into gifts for relatives and friends.

It was a wonderful way to spend the morning, and now I'm off to a good gift-making start. (I'll show these off with a better photo later.)

Did you make anything today?

2 comments:

Deb said...

Yay! I'm so glad you were inspired to have your own Craft Friday. Thanks for the shoot out. I like the garlands made out of Lucy's watercolors. I should do somrthing like that myself with all the art we have around here.

Jules said...

I love those garlands too. Really need to get hold of a circle cutter like yours. It's fab.
Your letter arrived last week and I was so thrilled to read it and to get real, live snail-mail. Just lovely. I shall try to reply for Christmas time. Love to you and yours.