Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Fair!

Ah. Vacation at last (I have a week off before my new "school" year). We started it well, with a trip to the fair. Lucy loved it, as I'd hoped, and I loved it more than ever because sharing it with her was such fun.

Of course we watched and petted and fed the animals.

But then Lucy realized there was another lure at the fair: "Rides!"

She watched all the biggest, highest, scariest rides with fascination, saying "Rides! Rides! Me?"

"Me?"

And so we ended our day with rides on the carousel. Pure joy. She laughed in glee the whole time. And I felt much of the worry and anxiety I've been carrying around melting away.

4 comments:

Luisa said...

Awww. That's awesome. What fun for the whole family :)

Susan said...

She looks so thrilled with the carousel. What a cutie.

Susan said...

She looks so thrilled with the carousel. What a cutie.

Julie said...

So happy that you had such a great day!