Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Treasure Trove of Vintage Fabric

I've waited a few days to write about the wonderful gift I received this weekend, thinking I'd take some great photos. Of course, I never did. I couldn't wait any longer to share, so I went out (in my embarrassing nightgown, no less) to take photos in the dwindling light this evening. Oh, well. They're better than nothing. Anyway...

Our friend Melissa came over on Sunday and brought a trunkful of fabric she'd received from her "Ciocia" (aunt), who has sewn for everyone in their family for many years, and has the fabric to prove it. We had tons of fun going through the bags and bags, and Melissa let me take anything I wanted! I took only a small portion, as most of it was polyester (though some of that was in really cool prints!).

Here we are, asking Lucy to choose her favorite. She had a definite opinion!



Here's my big huge stack of possibility:



That purple and turquoise one is polyester, but I couldn't resist the print. Lucy's favorite was the blue and white stripe one with the red flowers, down near the bottom of the pile.

This one is my favorite:



I mean, seriously, how cute are these animals?





There's only a very small piece, so I'll have to think carefully about the perfect project for it. Oh, my gosh. Where will I start?

Thanks, Melissa! What a treat!

1 comment:

Molly said...

what a glorious stack of fabric!