Monday, July 13, 2009

Independence Days challenge, week 11

My woefully small Sharon's Independence Day's Challenge update for the week:

1. Plant something: No.
2. Harvest something: Lettuce, our first 3 grape tomatoes, thyme, eggs.
3. Preserve something: No. (Oh, no...we were really lax this week!)
4. Reduce waste: Nothing in particular.
5. Preparation and storage: I did get to a bunch of tag sales and thrift stores this week and got great sewing notions which will go into clothes, and lots of books for future homeschooling.
6. Build community food systems: No. Man, what did I do this week?
7. Eat the food: The kids have been having smoothies for snack this week. I've been using the last of last year's frozen berries, plus milk, plus a dollop of maple syrup, plus whatever green stuff I feel like throwing in (such as the broccoli and cucumbers they hadn't finished at lunch). Blend it all up, and yum! Whatever's left gets poured into popsicle molds for later snacks.

No comments: