Whoo, hoo! I finished a project I've been wanting to do for years!
This free-to-us chair is super-comfy, has simple lines, and is nicely-scaled for our little rooms. But it's ugly!
Don't worry, it never looked quite that awful in our house; we kept it draped with a white chenille bedspread, which looked lovely for about five minutes each morning before the kids started climbing all over it. But all that drapey fabric took up so much visual space, and hid so many dust bunnies and long-lost toys. I've always wanted a nice tidy slipcover, but the estimate we got was for $350, not including fabric!
Then I was given a gift of 4 hours sewing time (thanks, Karen!), and it was just the motivation I needed to finally tackle it. A $25 painter's dropcloth, a morning sewing with her, several late nights by myself, a few choice words for the sewing machine and my ineptitude, and we have a slipcover!
Now to tackle the other chair, and then the couch... (just hoping it gets easier each time!)