Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Yarn along: easy reading and tricky crochet


We're having a sick day here--all of us with fevers--so I'll keep this brief. But I did want to share a project with the Yarn-Along, as I'm so happy to be crocheting again! The Christmas-gift bug has hit! I'm making (and unmaking, and making again) a Cardiff Cowl. For some reason, I'm finding this pattern a bit tricky to follow, and have ripped out and started again several times. But I'm loving the look, and the yarn is fabulous, so I still have high hopes. If it works, there will be more.

I'm reading something very unusual for me, a suspense novel: Every Secret Thing, by Laura Lippman. Too much going on right now for "serious" reading.

The photo was taken on the picnic table, as it's been unseasonably warm this week and I've been crocheting while the kids play outside!

2 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I hope y'all are feeling better. I admire your crocheting, it's something I can't get the hang of.

Luisa said...

Glad you got the Christmas crafting bug but not the cold bug. The cowl is coming out very pretty. Hope you feel better soon.